Wednesday 1 March 2017

How Successful People Think - Earl Nightingale

I often heard extracts from Earl Nightingale on the radio, before I became a teenager, and remember thinking these were words of true wisdom. 

I always wanted to hear more. I knew at the time, there must be more than those extracts I was exposed to. 

This is a time before the Internet, and access to information as we enjoy it today.

I think about the challenges, which any person seeking real Self Improvement in those days, would have to overcome, when it was not as easy as searching worldwide databases, or search engines electronically in seconds, as we do today.

We have so much access to wisdom in digestible formats today, yet, self improvement remains a pursuit for only the most determined to change.

Earl Nightingale references the capacity of the human mind, and encourages a simple method to cultivate opportunities, yet in his day, just as now, many people choose to not develop this natural, free resource in this way.

I speak to so many people who appear amazed that humanity has a reusable resource which can be literally 'mined' in this way. Many believe this idea is merely over simplification. If it was that easy, surely everyone would do it.

I have witnessed on more than one occasion at an event called The Power to Achieve, Andy Harrington, through a simple demonstration, revealing many people actively distorting, or deleting the obvious answer, to the amazement of those who decide to accept the simple answer as it is presented.

Today, I am implementing Earl's mind 'mining' technique. I have a paper notebook, which I will use to note my ideas for the month of March 2017. By the end of March, this should become a habit. I hope to post an update on my progress during April.

In the meantime, please take the time to listen to Earl, and perhaps, have a little fun implementing his mind 'mining' technique for the next month too.

Let me know how you get on.

Patrick Nairne

 

No comments:

Post a Comment